If you are an safety manager, facility manager or other professional involved in the construction or renovation of a commercial building or health care facility, help your company comply with industry standards and keep their employees safe, informed and productive with a Soft dB Sound Masking System or Emergency Warning System.
Here are some common questions that facilities & safety professionals ask Building Systems Solutions.
WHAT TYPE OF SPACES CAN BENEFIT FROM AN EMERGENCY WARNING SYSTEM?
- Facilities that house many employees in a variety of spaces, such as mail rooms, warehouse space, manufacturing floors and closed offices
- Facilities that may need to warn employees & guests of weather, fire, explosion, chemical or medical emergency situations
- Facilities that belong to organizations that value employee safety and wish to keep them informed during an emergency
- Facilities that need to comply with OSHA safety standards for Emergency Warning Systems
WHAT ARE THE SAFETY BENEFITS OF INSTALLING OR RETROFITTING AN EMERGENCY WARNING SYSTEM?
- Emergency warning systems are an essential part of any safety policy and procedure. Studies have shown that an emergency warning system that incorporates verbal instructions are more effective than systems that use sirens or alarms alone. Emergency warning systems ensure that all of the occupants in your building will receive clear evacuation or relocation instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Pairing a sound masking system with your emergency warning system will ensure that all of your emergency messages will be heard easily and clearly by all of your building’s occupants.
- Installing or retrofitting an emergency warning system is an easy process. Building Systems Solutions will design and install a customized system to meet your needs, taking into account the future or existing construction of your project.
WHAT TYPE OF SPACES CAN BENEFIT FROM A SOUND MASKING SYSTEM?
- Spaces that are open-concept, with low or no cubicle partitions
- Facilities that utilize reflective materials such glass and other hard surfaces in many of their interior design elements
- Spaces that house many employees
- Facilities that handle sensitive or confidential information, like those in the health, legal, and financial industries
- Spaces that belong to organizations that value worker productivity and occupational health
HOW DOES SOUND MASKING CONTRIBUTE TO A GREEN CONSTRUCTION PROJECT?
According to LEED, the leading certifying body for green construction projects, the goal of green construction is to incorporate both environmental and employee well-being into the project. Sound masking systems help green designers fulfill the “Indoor Environmental Quality” key area of LEED Certification:
“The Indoor Environmental Quality category promotes strategies that improve indoor air as well as those that provide access to natural daylight and views and improve acoustics.”
Sound masking systems improve the acoustical environment of your workspace and allows for workplace designs that incorporate shorter cubes, open office space and greater air flow and use of natural daylight, thus contributing to increased worker productivity and comfort.
WHAT ARE THE PRODUCTIVITY AND PRIVACY BENEFITS OF INSTALLING OR RETROFITTING A SOUND MASKING SYSTEM?
Sound masking systems that speech becomes less intelligible and causes less of a distraction to workers. Lowering the level of verbal distraction leads to increased productivity for all staff members.
For similar reasons, installing a sound masking system can also ensure that confidential information remains private and not inadvertently broadcast through the office.
A sound masking system can be paired with an emergency warning system so that all of your emergency messages are broadcast easily and clearly.
Installing or retrofitting a sound masking system is an easy process. Building Systems Solutions will design and install a customized system to meet your needs, taking into account the future or existing construction of your project.
WHERE CAN I GET PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS FOR SOFT dB’s SOUND MASKING SYSTEMS?
ARE SOUND MASKING AND EMERGENCY WARNING SYSTEMS EXPANDABLE?
Yes! Both our sound masking and emergency warning systems can be designed so that they can be expanded upon at a later date. We often design systems around future renovation/expansion plans so that the systems can easily be added on to.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF ADDING AN EMERGENCY WARNING SYSTEM OR SOUND MASKING SYSTEM TO OUR FACILITY?
Sound masking and emergency warning systems can be easily incorporated into the design of any existing facility or any facility in the pre-construction or construction phase of their project.
We meet with each customer and provide an on-site evaluation of their current system and facility usage and customize each design based on the use, budget and schedule of the customer.
Building Systems Solutions designs each system individually and can provide you with the specifications for all products listed in a design. If you wish to spec in our systems for a specific project please contact us.
You can find system specifications for the Soft dB Sound Masking Systems on our product page.